D’Agostino check-out counter girl, loudly into the store intercom: Jason, what’s your password? –D’Agostino, Greenwich & Barrow
Mother: It’s ok, honey.
Teenager: I just feel like a slut. –10th & Ave B Overheard by: DaFunk
Hostess: Actually, you are sitting on the table.
Customer: Oops. –Sushi Samba, 7th Avenue South Overheard by: AJ Stone
Hobo: Can anyone spare some change? Please, I’m homeless and hungry.
British tourist #1: Is that the same bloke from the earlier train?
British tourist #2: No, I think it’s a woman.
British tourist #1: Oh! Poor thing. I wish we had a brassiere to give her. –F train
Customer: Do you have the documentary on Marlene Dietrich made by
her nephew, David Riva?
Sales girl: Who’s that again?
Customer: Marlene Dietrich.
Sales girl: [blank look]
Customer: Come on, Dietrich!! You know, Garbo, Monroe, Dietrich…
the big ones.
Sales girl: Hey, I’m sorry. I don’t know everybody. –Virgin Megastore, Times Square Overheard by: Gladys M
Headline by: Steve
· “A Virgin employee apologizing… she must be new, she hasn’t grown a superiority complex yet” – Matthew McGuirl
· “Have you ever read anything by Seuss?” – Steve Harhart
· “He never could deliver a pick-up line without getting angry” – AK
· “I Need a Gay Male Employee at the Front Desk Please, a Gay Male Employee” – Jennifer Koretsky
· “I think she was in something with Tom Cruise…?” – Michelle
· “Plus he lost her at “documentary”” – Amy Stephenson
· “Sales clerk caught unaware of hip new trend called “History”” – Andy
· “She wears a nametag to satisfy her own curiosity” – Amanda
· “They’re Dead to Me” – Toby
· “Wait. . . Your’e Telling Me Stuff Happened Before I Was Born?” – DanC
Click here to see the new Headline Contest
Arguably redeemable patient: What is the fee for breast implants?
Arguably redeemable patient: $1100? Does that include, like, installation? –NY Presbyterian Hospital, E 68th St Overheard by: Johnny Drama
Lady #1: You need a school ID?…What the hell, let’s sneak in!
Lady #2: I’ve been thrown out of better places than Columbia! –Outside Avery Library, Columbia University
White hipster #1: Yeah, I just moved into a place in Bushwick. I’m the only black guy for, like, five miles. Other white hipsters stare at him. White hipster #1: What? –Yale Club, Vanderbilt Ave
Hobo: Can you spare some change for the homeless?
Drunk girl: Yeah, right. Sell that backpack first. –4th & Broadway Overheard by: Andrew Schulte
Little girl, reading children’s book aloud: Mariko is Japanese. She eats sushi.
Mom: But we know that [pointing to picture] is actually sashimi. –M86 bus Overheard by: Caitlin